Name of current page

DMA logo

Engineering Complex Courtyard

Engineering Complex Courtyard

Engineering Complex Courtyard

Client:

Cost:

Final completion:

Université McGill

1 750 000 $

2004

The departments within the Faculty of Engineering at McGill University are set over 4 buildings located between University Street and the main campus, and south of the Milton entrance: Macdonald-Harrington (1896), Macdonald Engineering (1908), Frank Dawson Adams (1951), and McConnell Engineering (1957). In 2003, McGill University asked DMA to develop a design that would integrate all departments and remedy the complicated internal circulation and communication issues. DMA proposed to install a series of stairways and walkways within an interior courtyard, creating new circulation paths to connect areas of the buildings that were at the time difficult to reach. This new interior atrium space fosters the students' sense of community and allows for better communication and relations between the various departments.
The project awaiting funding.